A new alliance between MEDIAlliance International and The Influence Lab offers expanded opportunities to strengthen and train Christian pastors and media leaders in global settings.
Los Angeles, CA (May 23, 2023)— The power of partnership is being realized as MEDIAlliance International and The Influence Lab announce a new partnership committed to training and strengthening Christian pastors and media leaders on a global scale. The alliance expands upon a long-term friendship and like-minded ministry between MEDIAlliance president, Dr. Ron Harris and The Influence Lab founder, Dr. Phil Cooke.
With regional offices in Asia, Europe, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Brazil, MEDIAlliance leads Christian leadership forums to help key media leaders increase their impact in sharing the gospel. Similarly, The Influence Lab offers training and equipping for pastors and Christian communicators in areas of the world where access to media training is not readily available. Although Phil Cooke has spoken at many MEDIAlliance forums, the strategic partnership offers opportunities for the two ministries to work more closely together for greater effect.
Harris expressed excitement at the expanded role that the partnership brings. “Phil Cooke is amazing at helping people think beyond the norm in communicating God’s truth,” said Harris. “His challenging insights take people to a different level in leadership and ministry.”
Cooke responded, “Ron Harris has done a remarkable job building offices in strategic countries. With that foundation, we have an amazing opportunity to engage with Christian media leaders around the world.”
The Influence Lab and Cooke Media Group, both founded by Phil Cooke, have influenced Christian media for many years. Cooke has worked with many of the most respected churches and ministries around the world and his books have become texts for leadership development and media training.
MEDIAlliance International began in 2013 as an extension of Ron Harris’s over fifty years in media, church leadership and broadcast ministry, as well as his service as a communication professor at university and seminary levels. MEDIAlliance currently works with Christian media leaders in over forty countries.
MEDIAlliance and The Influence Lab Prayer are seeking prayer and financial partners to join them in their united mission of training pastors and media leaders globally. As 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, gifts are tax-deductible.
Find out more at https://medialliance.cc and https://influencelab.com. Ron Harris and Phil Cooke will be at NRB 2023. To request an interview with Ron contact email@example.com To request an interview with Phil, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ron Harris – President and Founder, MEDIAlliance
Dr. Ronald L. Harris has been around broadcasting for most of his life, beginning in radio almost 55 years ago. After serving two years as Assistant Professor of Communications and Special Assistant to the President at Dallas Baptist University, Ron Harris is the president of MEDIAlliance International. In that role, he links Christian broadcasters in the United States with those in various places worldwide to grow the impact of Christian broadcasting and the Gospel of Christ. Find out more at https://medialliance.cc
About Phil Cooke—Media Producer / Writer / Speaker / Coach
Helping creative leaders influence the world.
Phil Cooke, Ph.D., is co-founder and CEO of Cooke Media Group in Los Angeles and the nonprofit The Influence Lab. Phil has produced media programming in nearly 70 countries and created many of the most influential inspirational TV programs in history with a client list that includes Hollywood studios, major nonprofit organizations, and many of the world’s most respected churches and ministries. He’s been called “one of the most innovative communicators of our generation.” Find out more at philcooke.com.
Join us in this mission! Give your gift to The Influence Lab here.
I have so much exciting news to share with you this month! We promised that we would be working hard to give you opportunities to build your community and network and here were some of the ways we did that in October:
- Influence Women has relaunched and now has a new, interactive website! InfluenceWomen.org has been built with community in mind and will be the hub for all Influence Women information, events and mentorship programs! This new member platform is the perfect place to engage with other industry creatives and includes access to job postings and a roster of fellow professionals.
- The Influence Women Membership Program was officially announced with three empowering levels of engagement: Partner, Professional, and Executive (by application only).
- Influence Women had an incredibly successful in-person event at Castaway in Burbank. The event was sold-out with over 100 women gathered together to be inspired and encouraged by Netflix Executive Christina Lee Storm and Influence Lab Co-Founder, Kathleen Cooke. The event marked the official relaunch of Influence Women, the membership program and the new website!
Upcoming Influence Women Events!
Check out, and check often, our INW Calendar, get plugged in, and grow with us!
- Be a Star on Zoom featuring television actress Renee Lawless – November 1st from 5:30pm – 7pm (PST)
- Our FREE 6-week Bible study on the Book of Nehemiah started on Oct 4th, but it’s not too late to email us at email@example.com to sign up! Show business is a demanding pursuit. Feed your spirit and your mind while developing a community of sisters who can support you as work to support and influence others.
- Nashville Chapter Launch! November 9th from 7pm – 9pm at the Homestead Manor Barn. If you’re in the Nashville area, you won’t want to miss the opportunity to get plugged in at the ground level. Become a member and register for the event on our website.
- Hollywood INspire Event! November 12th from 1pm – 4pm in Tarzana, CA. INspire events are small, informal gatherings designed for fun and fellowship. It’s our hope that you will take advantage of these local events to make new friends and grow your community. Visit the website for details.
- Orange County Chapter Launch! Brunch on Saturday, November 19th at 11am. Join the movement in OC, featuring gifted writer, producer, and actress, Alexandra Boylan!
That’s it for now, but stay connected with us as there is always something new!
Chief Operating Officer
Connect with us on Social Media!
The Influence Lab: @influencelab
Influence Women Hollywood Chapter: @InfluenceWomenHollywood
Influence Women Atlanta Chapter: @InfluenceWomenAtlanta
Influence Women Nashville Chapter: @InfluenceWomenNashville
In July 2022, Influence Lab co-founders Phil and Kathleen Cooke were invited to Rome, Italy, to speak at a much-anticipated global conference for church and marketplace leaders.
The conference, privately hosted in a different city each year, keeps the name and invitation-only membership anonymous—a layer of protection set in place for good reason. Throughout the meetings, Phil and Kathleen were particularly moved by the unity between attending Russian and Ukrainian pastors, discussing ways to bring relief to their people amid the ongoing conflict
“Christians are working together to solve these problems,” Kathleen commented. “And we saw that even in the suffering, there is such joy.”
Other remarkable moments of the conference included reports from fellow members sharing their missions’ work as they rescue children from war-torn nations, build homes in the Middle East, and strategize to overcome food shortages.
“Being a part of this global organization of pastors, ministers, non-profits, and marketplace business leaders was inspiring,” Kathleen said.
They weren’t home for long when Phil was the featured speaker for an online event hosted by Christian Media & Arts Australia. The organization of Christian communication and media professionals across that country asked Phil to speak on his new book “Ideas on a Deadline: How to Be Creative When the Clock is Ticking.”
He’s also been on a speaking tour with Christian media conferences in Memphis and Atlanta this past week, discussing his new book and how creativity can transform our effectiveness with the gospel.
Your partnership matters! Your gifts to The Influence Lab help us train Christian leaders worldwide to share the gospel in today’s digital age effectively. The gospel message never changes, but how we share it does. Give here.
As a thank-you for your gift of $35.00 or more, we’re offering partners their choice of several books by Phil and Kathleen Cooke. Find out more here (and consider becoming a monthly partner!)
On August 14, 2021, over 400 people attended the anniversary celebration of the Hollywood Prayer Network in Hollywood, California. Phil Cooke emceed the gala event as the sold-out crowd celebrated 20 years of HPN’s work in the entertainment industry. Additionally, The Influence Lab helped sponsor the event with a booth where our team gave away multiple copies of Phil and Kathleen Cooke’s books to help bring value to the attendees.
“We had a fabulous time and the event was over-the-top successful,” said Kathleen. The event featured red carpet interviews, a live band, 007 VIP Lounge and a “living” chess game with 32 human chess pieces. Besides manning The Influence Lab booth, Kathleen was asked to be a pawn piece for the live chess game as part of the festivities of the evening. (Visit our Facebook and Instagram pages for fun photos!)
Phil and Kathleen have been on the Hollywood Prayer Network’s board for many years and now serve as key advisors. HPN was founded in July of 2001 by Karen Covell, a producer with extensive experience producing TV specials, documentaries and children’s programming, and a member of the Producer’s Guild of America. With the firm belief that Hollywood is not “Sodom and Gomorrah” but rather a “Ninevah” that can be redeemed, HPN’s grassroots prayer ministry led by Hollywood professionals mobilizes Christians around the world to pray for the people who work in Hollywood while also coordinating prayer for Christians working within the film and television industry.
With over 12,000 intercessors and 130 HPN chapters around the world, The Influence Lab was honored to be a sponsor of the anniversary event and come alongside this ministry with our support.
Find out more about the Hollywood Prayer Network here.
Support The Influence Lab!
Your support of The Influence Lab helps increase our influence in Hollywood as well as strengthening our ability to train pastors and Christian communicators around the world to use media effectively in sharing the gospel. Give your donation today.
Special offer! For your generous gift of $25 or more to The Influence Lab, you’ll receive your choice of these books by Phil Cooke and Kathleen Cooke:
- Maximize Your Influence: How to Make Digital Media work for Your Church, Your Ministry and You
- Hope 4 Today: Stay Connected to God in a Distracted Culture (New paperback edition!)
- Unique: The Ultimate Planner for Creative Professionals
Give here for this special offer!